192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Seminars

back to forum | Help | Search

Master Wheatley Seminar/Test in Michigan

Event
4 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Thu 17th Apr 2008 16:46
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
Topics: 20 Replies: 46
Greetings,

Master Robert N. Wheatley, US-ITF President will be conducting a testing and seminar in Michigan June 20/21.  Master Drysdale will be the host of this event.  

Hope to see you there.

Taekwon!

Michael Munyon, VI Dan
US-ITF Armed Forces Director
Serving America, Armed Forces and the ITF
Post # 2
Top Thu 17th Apr 2008 22:24
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
For more information please go to http://www.drysdaletkd.com/

Taekwon!
Michael Munyon, VI Dan
Post # 3
Top Wed 25th Jun 2008 16:39
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
MOM! I mean WOW! (Master Batch's quote)

The event in Michigan was awesome. Both I and Mr. Malefyt went to Master Drysdale's school on Thursday for a peek at how they train and to get some assistance for Mr. Malefyt's 6th Dan test which would be the following day. After the 2 hour work out both Mr. Malefyt and I agreed that Master Drysdale has high standards and a tough workout.

The following day (Friday) the Simsa started at 5:30 PM and went until about 8:45 PM. All the students grading for their next level were put through a tough examination testing their mind, body and spirit in TKD. Needless to say, those who watched the test will all agree it was a tough test and everyone who tested earned their next level/degree. The testing panel consisted of Master Robert Wheatley, Master and Mrs. Drysdale, Master and Mrs. Batch, Master Geoghegan, Mr. Michael Munyon, Mrs. Vanzile and her son John Vanzile, Mr. Murphy, Mr. Spiller, and another one of Master Batch's senior students. Needless to say....a tough crowd/panel.

On Saturday Master Wheatley conducted an all day seminar covering several topics:
Dodging
Generating Power
Finer points of ITF TKD Tuls
The 6 types of Sparring
Finer points on Step Sparring
Composition of TKD
Body lines
Spot Turning
and finally the senior black belts broke off into different groups to teach various topics.

Master Drysdale had some of his black belts demonstrate double, triple and quadruple kicking. These black belts were awesome.

Finally, after the seminar we all attended a wonderful dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in town. Master Geoghegan entertained the audience by playing his violin/viola. The spirit of TKD was at it's highest in Michigan and we hope to see more outstanding ITF/US-ITF events like this every year in Michigan.

Thank you Master and Mrs. "D" for hosting such a great event and again, congrats to those who promoted.
Michael Munyon, VI Dan
Post # 4
Top Wed 25th Jun 2008 19:27
Michael Boik
Topics: 11 Replies: 35
I would like to thank my instructors, Master Drysdale and Mrs. Drysdale,for hosting Master Wheatley. What a humble Master. I had a great time and was able to finally connect with Mr. Malefyt and Mr. Munyon, two fine Taekwon-do instructors. Congratulation Mr. malefyt on an exellant test. Hope to see everyone next year.

Mike
Taekwon!!

Mike

www.drysdaletkd.com

Post # 5
Top Thu 26th Jun 2008 18:50
Nick Malefyt

USA-6-1015
Topics: 2 Replies: 50
Thanks again Mr. Boik,

It was a great 3 days of training. As I wrote on our US-ITF Yahoo Group Site the entire weekend was a wonderful experience. Training and spending time with Master Wheatley, Master Drysdale, Master Geoghegan and Master Batch is always productive.

Master D did an excellent job organizing this event. Putting together such events can often be a pretty stressful experience - and Master and Mrs. D came through with flying colors. You are indeed lucky to train with The D's.

Hope to see you, and the gang, in the near future!

Nick Malefyt

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation