192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Tournaments

back to forum | Help | Search

Previous World Championships

3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sun 13th Apr 2008 15:35
David Sims
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 14
Hi,

Does anyone have any stories or information on previous tkd world championships? For example I think that Mr Tony Sewell who was world champion 3 times, and also that Mark 'The Wizard' Weir, who now competes in mma were at the world championships held at 'Granby Hall' Leicester in 1988. Correct me if im wrong, was this a TAGB thing or was it an ITF. I was just hoping that someone could shed some light on these matters as there doesn't seem to be a lot in the public domain!!

Tae Kwon!
Post # 2
Top Mon 14th Apr 2008 17:57
Chris Peel

GBR-4-1042
Topics: 0 Replies: 16
This was a TAGB run comp when they had affiliation with Master Il Cho.  His demonstation during the event was one of the best I have ever seen!
Post # 3
Top Wed 16th Apr 2008 10:24
David Sims
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 14
Sir,

was the TAGB the biggest and the baddest back then? Was it the same one where Roger Lawrence was at?

Post # 4
Top Sun 27th Apr 2008 14:08
Ben England

GBR-4-1101
View Profile
Topics: 0 Replies: 3
Tony Sewell is now Vice-Chairman of the GTI, which is the organization I am with, we joined the ITF about two years ago. I get to train with him occasionally and I've got to say, despite the fitness he's lost, he's defiantly still got the speed and power he had back then, and he would still beat about 98% of fighters out there today!

The TAGB is the biggest single taekwondo entity in the world, so its the biggest single organization in one country, but the ITF as a whole dwarfs it because it is a worldwide organization.
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation