192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Feedback

back to forum | Help | Search

Streching techniques

3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sun 6th Feb 2011 08:18
Greg Bowman
Topics: 1 Replies: 1

Hi all,

I a sure there are mony out there who have some very good streching techniques. I would appreciate any tips and tricks please? My flexability is very poor, and I need all the help I can get.

Thankyou

Taekwon

Post # 2
Top Wed 9th Feb 2011 21:16
MikeCarr

GBR-3-2065
View Profile
Topics: 7 Replies: 17
One of the most flexible people i've met in TaeKwon-Do (who is around 60 years old and an VIII Degree) shared his stretching routines with me and a group of other students..
"For maximum effectiveness you will need to do this every day, If you have the dedication to wake up early and do a gentle warm up (~5 mins) followed by around 30 minutes of light stretches, stretching every muscle group you can think of, and then working into some deeper stretches for your legs, your flexibility will increase"

If you want a more "gimmicky" and instructive stretching plan have a look at a routine called "elastic steel" .. This didn't work for me, but probably because I didn't dedicate myself to it for long enough!
Post # 3
Top Wed 16th Feb 2011 05:52
Greg Bowman
Topics: 1 Replies: 1
Thanks very much - I guess the key is commitment. Appreciate it
Post # 4
Top Thu 17th Feb 2011 10:44
Alasdair Walkinshaw

GBR-3-2064
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 52
Quote from MikeCarr - 9th Feb 2011 21:16 View
If you want a more "gimmicky" and instructive stretching plan have a look at a routine called "elastic steel" .. This didn't work for me, but probably because I didn't dedicate myself to it for long enough!

It probably didnt work for you because you are so flexible in the first place!!! If you were any more flexible you would be kicking yourself in the back of the head lol

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Ltd