192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

The Master of Masters

One statement that has mocked his carreer
2 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 3 of 3
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sat 19th Jul 2008 08:58
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164

Normally I would not comment on this but the last few events I have been at I have met many ex BUTF people and it seems they have lost all respect for the BUTF's creator, I have said to them in conversations 'We must respect him as he has produced us and many good TKD people that are ITF now' and at this point my head has been bitten off as many instructors are saying that the statement on BUTF.COM is ludicrous as it is false, The statement says Masters of Masters yet the true fact is to the people I speak to account - only one has left the BUTF as a Master which was Master Wolf, the rest left as 4th, 5th, 6th Degrees who have had to work hard to learn ITF ways after and learn the system then take further promotions. True or false I can't comment.....

I remember in 1999 G.M.Choi said at a BUTF seminar 'This is NOT Tae Kwon Do but a cheap imitation' Wow I was gobsmacked and so was there founder as the look on his face was HORROR That was possibly when the peny dropped and I personally started to visit ITF clubs to see the differences. When we left in 2001 we were with UKTF and they seemed to be totally different in tecnique and we had to learn and learn, to this day we are still learning and learn somthing new everytime we have seminars.

So what is the question? If this statement is false and as it seems to be causeing people to explode with anger when you speak about it then surely they should be told to remove it from there website as I thought it was ilegal to make false claims on the web,

What do you think about this situation - And no I dont have a gripe with the BUTF I just cant gage if instructors are not happy with the statement why no one has taken action like ask them to remove there names from the list provided.

There again knowing the Master in question he would just ignore any request to remove the statement. Might be the answer there - perhaps people have asked already and he has just ignored the request.

What do you think then?
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 2
Top Sun 20th Jul 2008 17:44
Michael Boik
Topics: 11 Replies: 35
Although he does name peolple that are no longer in his group, he does have Masters who have been training with him for some time. As to General Choi's comment about it not being Taekwon-Do, it was not Taekwon-do as being taught at that time. He was a student of GM Rhee but left his teaching for whatever reason. When he returned, Taekwon-Do had evolved from what he had been taught at that time by GM Rhee. I think it was more of a way of saying," You need to catch up on your training".Wink
In all, you need to look at it this way; he does have Masters under his leadership, it is his own group, and he has put his time and sweat into the art. As long as he is teaching and spreading the Art as General Choi wished, then more power to him. I can not judge his personality since I do not know the Man.

Taekwon!!

Mike
Taekwon!!

Mike

www.drysdaletkd.com

Post # 3
Top Sun 20th Jul 2008 22:45
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Sir,
He has some amazing Masters no other then Master Sanghla who has stayed loyal since 1974, A humble man and good coach. I agree he is good at what he does but people skills have lost him a lot over the years, but he has helped many like me. I dont think this is in question at all only that he Claims a title that only Grand Master Rhee should be given but that is only my opinion.

But I agree with your points made however all the 4th, 5th and 6th Degrees I have met to date ex students of his are up in arms about his claims, I wonder how those that are on the list feel.

Tae Kwon
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 3 of 3
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation