192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Additional Income from your Dojang

2 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 3 of 3
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Tue 30th Sep 2008 15:13
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
Topics: 20 Replies: 46
Greetings,

I was wondering what some of the school owners do on here to help bring in additional income.

Personally, I bring in a guest instructor (local instructor) and have them do a workshop/seminar.

I conduct a themed class such as Women's Self-Defense, weapon classes and etc.

There are some full time schools that do after school programs, birthday parties and etc.  Most of them say they get approx 15-20% of of their annual income from those kinds of things.

Proshop sales/discounts work for some schools. 

What does your school do to bring in extra income? 
Michael Munyon, VI Dan
US-ITF Armed Forces Director
Serving America, Armed Forces and the ITF
Post # 2
Top Tue 30th Sep 2008 20:45
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Hi Mr Munyon,

I do the same with guest instructors. Sunday just gone I held a relaity based self defence class with a top guy from England who came over to teach for the day and it was very successful.
Other options are small club tournaments, kickathon (sponsorship) etc are all great ideas.

TK!
Jon
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 3
Top Sat 22nd Nov 2008 10:44
Alasdair Walkinshaw

GBR-3-2064
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 52

We held a spronsored kickathon at the end of September to raise funds to buy our competition team tracksuits, we managed to raise 900 from 32 students who took part.

We did it as a mini competition with both junior and senior winners getting a small trophy. In 3 minutes of kicking the 32 students managed a staggering 10,000 kicks between them. An average of 104 kicks per min

There was no technical element to the kick the only conditions were that the foot had to return to the floor before it could be used again, and it must strike the pad to be counted.

There are loads of different marketing tools you can use too that will increase your student base and therefore your income from the school. We do daft little things like introduce a friend and you get a free set of focus pads after they have done 4 lessons and paid for a licence. I had to give out 10 sets of pads last month, but the increase in lesson fees more than paid for it.

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 3 of 3
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation