192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Help with Computer

9 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 10 of 10
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Mon 19th Apr 2010 20:10
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
Topics: 11 Replies: 191

Can anyone help me out......?

I just got my laptop back after getting it sorted out for a virus. Now, when i get a web page up, i can't see all of it on the 1 page. I have to scroll to the right to read it all.

I tried lowering the zoom level to 75% but all this did was shrink the text and pics.

I used to be able to get the whole page on and it's starting to annoy me now and i've only had my laptop back a couple of hours! Even THIS page only has part of it showing!

Any advice on how to get me view back to how it used to be would be great.

Thanks.

Post # 2
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 07:55
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Topics: 27 Replies: 123
Hi Star,

Try this:

1. Scroll to the maximum right limit of your window.

2. Place your mouse cursor at the actual right page margin itself.
The cursor should change into horizontal two-direction arrows.

3. Staying at this position, click the left side of your mouse and pull the mouse to the left.
The page width should become narrower.

4. Move your mouse cursor to the top bounday of your page, click the left side of your mouse and pull the page so as to center it on your screen.

5. Repeat steps 2 - 4 as needed, to adjust to your taste .

Have a nice day.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  
                                             He conquers who conquers himself.                                                     

Post # 3
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 08:28
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Topics: 27 Replies: 123
Hi Star,

More help here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/resolution.mspx

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  
                                             He conquers who conquers himself.                                                     

Post # 4
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 09:33
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
hi Bob

i already tried altering the pixels but for some reason, the slider won't move so they wont alter. They're stuck on 800 x 600.
My friend who reinstalled my software after the virus said my Dell reinstallation disc was incomplete and he had to fill in the gaps using one of his own discs. I'm going down to PC WORLD in a few mins cus they need to order me a new disc if the other one is incomplete, incase i need to reinstall again some time.
Everything has changed with the appearance since i got it back.
On sites like this, when i start typing in my username, you only have to type the 1st letter and the username comes up!
I don't like that and want to get rid of it but not sure how. It didn't use to do it.
Post # 5
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 09:41
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
aha!
i have sorted out the saving of username problem. had to change my settings in my 'internet options'.
=)
Post # 6
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 12:07
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
800 x 600 isn't a very high resolution 1280 x 768 is wide screen for laptops i believe.
Right click on the desktop go to settings tab (Going by memory here as I'm now on windows 7). Play around with the resolution slider at the bottom left.

If the drivers are not installed the options will be limited, sounds strange that the drivers were not on the disk. Visit www.dell.co.uk enter your service tag and you should be able to download all the drivers you need.

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 7
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 13:16
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
i tried moving the slider to alter resolutions but it wont move above 800x600. Bloke at Dell ringing me next week to tell me what drivers i need to install as i dont know which ones i need. But thanks
Post # 8
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 13:25
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
Sounds like a driver problem. Do you know the service tag number (Prob on back)
Visit dell website (http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen) they can list all the drivers you need, look for graphics card drivers.

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 9
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 14:55
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
yeah i've already done that also. it gives a full list of drivers available for my model but if i download ones which aren't needed or are already on it,it says it can cause more harm than good. Gonna have to wait til new disc comes from Dell then get them to go through a complete flatten and reinstall while i'm on fone.They said they'll talk me through it step by step. Then they'll tell me which drivers to download also.That won't be til next week though.
Post # 10
Top Tue 20th Apr 2010 17:09
Midnight Star

GBR-3-2068
View Profile
Sorted.
And what a pain in the a$$ it was too.
Some of the Dell installation/driver disc hadn't loaded on.Had to put disc in other pc,download files and programmes onto my memory stick then transfer them to my laptop (my netbook doesn't have a disc drive).
Couldn't transfer all the drivers tho as there was LOADS of them.Only put the graphics driver on (already had code number) and it's fine now.
There's bound to be other drivers that didn't install too but will prob come across them as i need to use them. Will prob transfer them to memory stick a batch at a time as they were too big to put them all on.

Will get there eventually but at least it's not doing my head in anymore. I was ready to launch my Dell out the window!
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 10 of 10
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Ltd