192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

ITF Rank Recognition

7 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 8 of 8
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 1st Feb 2008 09:07
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
Topics: 20 Replies: 46
Greetings,

What's the policy on the various ITF groups acknowledging/accepting rank from each other?

Meaning, will ITF-C recognize rank from ITF-NK or even Unified-ITF?

Thanks for your attention in this matter.
Michael Munyon, VI Dan
US-ITF Armed Forces Director
Serving America, Armed Forces and the ITF
Post # 2
Top Thu 7th Feb 2008 09:52
Michael LaFosse
Topics: 0 Replies: 1

I am a WTF 2nd dan, but my formative, gup years, were ITF. I am seeking to find what certification plan I should follow to qualify for ITF Dan rank. I will live on Oahu, Hawaii, in 2009.

Thank you.
Mr. Michael LaFosse
Post # 3
Top Wed 20th Feb 2008 10:13
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
Quote from Michael LaFosse - 7th Feb 2008 09:52 View

I am a WTF 2nd dan, but my formative, gup years, were ITF. I am seeking to find what certification plan I should follow to qualify for ITF Dan rank. I will live on Oahu, Hawaii, in 2009.

Thank you.
Mr. Michael LaFosse

Sir,

As a member of Imperial (INO 2) here in the UK, we have had many WTF students applying to transfer. We have a standard transfer procedure allowing the transgression to ITF Syllabus, as and when you are ready we will approach the promotions committee and submit a certificate replacement.

Each transfer is assessed on an individual basis, their capabilities and knowledge of syllabus will directly reflect the time required to complete the transfer. When a junior grade transfers they are not necessary looking to replace their current certificate but wish their next grade to be an ITF one. If this is the case then the standard grading requirements must be conformed to.

In summary you will need a registered INO will vouch and apply for you. Further information can be obtained from the ITF Promotions Committee.

Hope that helps...

Mark Skyrme

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 4
Top Thu 21st Feb 2008 12:15
paul raymond liversidge
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
What about a senior Black Belt holder of Master standard - whom has trained ITF style but not been with the ITF - how would they go about rank recogniition

Thank you
Dr Paul Liversidge
Post # 5
Top Thu 21st Feb 2008 13:41
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile

Sir,

From my understanding you will need to align yourself with a registered INO who is willing to vouch for you. They would then need to forward an in depth history of your examinations (who, when and where etc.) to the promotions committee as they make the final decision.

I believe this is the correct protocol; you can contact the Promotions Committee here.

Mark Skyrme

www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 6
Top Thu 21st Feb 2008 14:17
paul raymond liversidge
Topics: 0 Replies: 2

Thank you for the information - I did submit my full history to Master R Choy when he was the sec gen - and was accepted (3 years back) but went overseas - I will re-submit again.

Post # 7
Top Thu 21st Feb 2008 16:34
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
No problem,

As your aware Master R Choy left the ITF early part of 2004, I agree it would be easiest to start the process again and re-submit your details.

Mark Skyrme

www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 8
Top Fri 22nd Feb 2008 00:25
Chris Galibert

AUS-6-1009
Topics: 1 Replies: 7
Sir,
no doubts each INO might have a slighly different procedure. I have had WTF or independent styles practitioners join. As a rule, we recognise their Taekwon-do rank but won't apply for certification until the standard reach is as of our requirement for that rank. (I came from a wtf background - joined ITF in 1995 as a 3rd degree WTF). My rank was recognised but had to learn all the requirements for 3rd degree to apply for ITF certification). I beleive it is a fair system, ensuring no abuse from some that might jump organisations in order to achieve easier certification.
Taekwon
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 8 of 8
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Ltd