192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Tournaments

back to forum | Help | Search

Europeans videos

8 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 9 of 9
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sun 20th Jul 2008 20:55
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
If anyone has any video's from the european championships just gone can they please post them here?

I have some sorted out, here is one of my fights, unfortunately I got disqualified in this one.

Thoughts?

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 2
Top Sun 20th Jul 2008 23:53
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
A compilation video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gQFclgB8qU

Post # 3
Top Mon 21st Jul 2008 08:38
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Mr Mackey,
Is there no rule in ITF where it is only two max three punches then a kick has to be thrown(Two punch rule), We have this rule at our events and the leg fighting is more apparent and much more pleasing on the eye, Dont get me wrong I like ITF but find bouts where loads of kicking is much more exciting, or is it that at Major events bouts are more punchy then normal? I ask as I have never been to a major event. well only the TAGB worlds in 1989.

Nice 2nd video btw and cool track ?,

Tae Kwon
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 4
Top Mon 21st Jul 2008 09:22
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Hi Mr Snow,
As far as I know the ITFNK have introduced two punch and kick rule. There was no such rule at this tournament, Master Gallarga (tournament umpire) would have to announce any new rule like that, but there wasn't. The Irish are prolific punchers, stems from our culture of sorting out problems the bare fist way haha - only joking.
Personally I like to kick, not that I'm much good at it mind.

Post # 5
Top Mon 21st Jul 2008 10:39
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
You can say that agin about the irish, I have done Irish Disco's (I part time DJ) and if it kicks off get out the way as fist fly like bullets.

I was just curious, it is hard to use the legs esp on the mats as very draining, I know when I compete in the vets section (Over 35's) it kills the legs what with me being a leggy person. First and second round is OK just there after kicks become less as legs feel like lead.

Tae Kwon - Liked ya vid though!

C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 6
Top Mon 21st Jul 2008 10:45
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Thanks Mr S!
I know what you mean about the mats, if you don't train on them, they can be like quick sand when you compete on them !

Post # 7
Top Tue 22nd Jul 2008 23:54
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
here's another video, I thought our guy should have gottent the decision in this one. Some nicely placed side kicks!#

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Dw_EurMho

Post # 8
Top Tue 29th Jul 2008 15:38
M. Hildering

NED-4-1016
View Profile
Topics: 1 Replies: 20
Sir, Mr Mackey,

I saw your video on youtube when you were disqualified! I don't understand? It looked like you gave some punches and one was too harsh perhaps, but those things happen. It's a pity that you got out of the tournament by such an decision.

I've never heard of a two/three punch + kick rule?
Could you explain?
Taekwon!
Post # 9
Top Tue 29th Jul 2008 20:39
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Hello Mr Hildering,
Thanks for watching the clip, you are right these things happen. My opponent stayed down for a while so that added to the decision. I knew I was ahead I should have hung back, score and move. Live and Learn, my Spanish friend went on to get my medal - he still hasn't given it to me yet though haha

I think the ITF are trying to curtail the amount of blitz type punching (which works well for the Irish and the Polish too, also Barada was a fan of it in the early years of his career) they only scored a blitz combination with one point, where it used to be a point for every punch landed. The ITFNK have a 2 punch then kick rule, for every two punches thrown a kick must be next. A bit like not being able to throw the ball forwards in Rugby!
Doesn't make much sense but it's there!

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 9 of 9
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation