192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Tournaments

back to forum | Help | Search

European championships

Irish results so far
8 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 9 of 9
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 4th Jul 2008 19:26
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Quick result in;

One of my girls took Silver in Sparring. One of my lads fought an Italian, but the Italian got the desicion in the quarter final (I'm not saying anything but I'll upload the fight to Youtube next week and see what you think.)
One of the young lads from Kerry took gold in sparring.
Clare O'Sullivan got a bronze in female sparring senior
Yours truly got a bronze in patterns :-/
Sparring tomorrow and power destruction etc.

Try keep you posted.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 2
Top Fri 4th Jul 2008 23:19
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Cool Mr Mackey - Would't it be good for the ITF to have a news reporter at all events, Erm webmaster cant users submit news direct from events somhow.

Bronze thats good - Good luck Mr M with the rest of the tournament - Say hi to Master Harry if you see him.
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 3
Top Sat 5th Jul 2008 23:12
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
What a day, I can't remember all the Irish results but everyone did excellently.
I got disqualified in the individual sparring, the spanish guy I was fighting fell over..... left hook put him down, me forgetting where I was. Ah well.
The Irish team were pipped by England in the Semi's - I won my fight so happy with that beating my good budy Kevin Guy. We were ahead and then we got a decision against us to bring us back to a draw. Richard Belle won it for England, that mans a legend, Leon Brydon fought on with a broken nose against him, Leons a future world champion.
Irish team junior girls captained by one of my girls won silver in sparring and Gold in power, silver in special technique.
Irish Junior male team won gold in special technique and silver in power.
Irish senior ladies one Bronze in Sparring and Silver in power.
9 medals over all for my own club in Dublin, delighted for the kids involved.

ITF Ireland performed excellently over all, it was a cracking tournament.
Colour belts tomorrow!

Post # 4
Top Sun 6th Jul 2008 19:02
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
And to finish off, I had 2 colour belts in the European cup today, all 3 took a gold medal. One for patterns, 2 for sparring and an extra silver medal thrown in for sparring as well brings us to 13 medals from our little set up in Dublin.

Fair play to Master Lecca and Master Toriano for an excellent tournament, the standard in most sections was exceptional.

Also it was nice to meet Jemaine Hemmings and Joel Wilson again, two great TKDists.

Taekwon!

Post # 5
Top Wed 9th Jul 2008 15:47
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Photo's have been uploaded to my website on www.pilsung-itf.com

Enjoy!

Post # 6
Top Thu 10th Jul 2008 11:57
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
thank you Mr Mackey, i must firstly apologise for my behaviour in Sardinia, it was not appropriate and i should have remained level headed through the tournament.

there were many decisions that were unusual and the only thing that we could do was continue as normal. i was confused about your disqualification as if the doctors have to intervene, the "injuried" competitor is not allowed to compete for the rest of the tournament.
if they disqualify you, he should have been disqualified from the whole tournament under medical injury.

other than a few bizarre decisions, it was a good experience and great time catching up with people i haven't seen in a while.
thanks again to the organising committee.
it was also nice to see that Calvin Thomas passed his first dan as the last time i saw him was at the Master Maidana special class hosted by Master Nicholls with Master Hogan & Master Dalton also present.

here's to the next Euros next year in Croatia, Taekwon.

this is the beginning of something special
Post # 7
Top Thu 10th Jul 2008 12:06
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
i must also quickly add a massive thank you to our seniors present and our coaches, Dr Hayley Parker and Miss Catherine Divine.
Dr Hayley Parker, a big thank you for you motivating us, making sure we were entered (sorry i was such a pain with my registration!!) our co-ordinator and team coach. many funny and "comfortable" drives to the tournament but we all go home saftely and extremely thankful you watched over us.
this is the beginning of something special
Post # 8
Top Thu 10th Jul 2008 12:48
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Quote from Joel Ashley Wilson - 10th Jul 2008 11:57 View
thank you Mr Mackey, i must firstly apologise for my behaviour in Sardinia, it was not appropriate and i should have remained level headed through the tournament.

there were many decisions that were unusual and the only thing that we could do was continue as normal. i was confused about your disqualification as if the doctors have to intervene, the "injuried" competitor is not allowed to compete for the rest of the tournament.
if they disqualify you, he should have been disqualified from the whole tournament under medical injury.

other than a few bizarre decisions, it was a good experience and great time catching up with people i haven't seen in a while.
thanks again to the organising committee.
it was also nice to see that Calvin Thomas passed his first dan as the last time i saw him was at the Master Maidana special class hosted by Master Nicholls with Master Hogan & Master Dalton also present.

here's to the next Euros next year in Croatia, Taekwon.

Absolutely agree sir, there were a few baffling decisions. Apologies are not necessary at all, after all the training it's understandable to be agitated at ineptness. Glad to hear you guys had a great time as well!

Post # 9
Top Thu 10th Jul 2008 13:03
Hayley Parker

GBR-6-1024
Topics: 1 Replies: 6
Hello Mr Wilson

It was an enjoyable privilege to coach you all, and thank you all for the support you gave me in this role. And yes, it was fun :) Don't mention the car.....

Well done to all competitors. As usual, superb TKD skills.
And thank you to Master Nicholls for supporting our attendance.

Happy training!

Taekwon

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 9 of 9
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited