192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > Feedback

back to forum | Help | Search

Comprehensive Update of Tuls

17 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 18 of 18
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 8th Jun 2007 08:33
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Topics: 27 Replies: 123
It would be of great service to trainers and students if ITF would publish a comprehensive list of changes to the Tuls.

There are several versions of the Encyclopedia in the hands of trainers and students.

Often enough, even senior trainers at seminars disagree on individual Tul movements.

Having such a comprehensive list would go a long way to standardizing Tul performance worldwide and positively impact on judging competitors in tournaments.  Put differently, such a list would markedly upgrade our organizational professionalism.

These advantages out-weigh thinkable negatives.

Thanks.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  
                                             He conquers who conquers himself.                                                     

Post # 2
Top Wed 21st Nov 2007 03:19
Nick Malefyt

USA-6-1015
Topics: 2 Replies: 50
We could discuss them here and seek specific answers based on specific tuls. Agreed the updates would be helpful
Post # 3
Top Thu 22nd Nov 2007 17:34
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
We are finalising the webs technical section which will detail all Tul's and there amendments.

We are also looking at adding a "Teaching Tip" section enabling Instructors to share their teaching methods and applications. This should go a long way in standardising our Taekwon-Do movements world wide.

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 4
Top Tue 27th Nov 2007 01:26
Nick Malefyt

USA-6-1015
Sounds good sir. Thanks and Taekwon
Post # 5
Top Sun 10th Feb 2008 17:49
Mark Guest
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
I have seen the Chang Hong tuls been prformed many different ways and tought differently by many Masters,and as caused a lot of confusion in tournements. I have a dvd by ITF masters from the 1950's prforming the the original tuls which have been changed so many times in the past, i personally teach the original 20 tuls which were first documented.
Post # 6
Top Mon 11th Feb 2008 16:26
Mark Guest
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
Quote from Mark Guest - 10th Feb 2008 17:49 View
I have seen the Chang Hon tuls been prformed many different ways and tought differently by many Masters,and as caused a lot of confusion in tournements. I have a dvd by ITF masters from the 1950's prforming the the original tuls which have been changed so many times in the past, i personally teach the original 20 tuls which were first documented.

Post # 7
Top Tue 22nd Apr 2008 18:36
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Hello Mr. Skyrme,

Per your 22nd Nov 2007 entry above, what is your estimate of when we can get the technical section detailing all Tuls and their amendments?

It is badly needed.
Thank you, Sir.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  

Post # 8
Top Wed 23rd Apr 2008 09:10
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148

Hi Mr Borja,

We are well on the way, however nothing can be published until the Technical Committee give its approval. The site is being update almost daily although it may only be coding issues, once we are completely satisfied that we are running at 100% i will turn my attention to adding the new features.

Sorry could not give a definite answer Unhappy 

Mark Skyrme

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 9
Top Wed 23rd Apr 2008 13:01
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Hello Mr. Skyrme,

Thank you for the update, Sir.
When the master piece appears, surely It will be well worth the wait.

Greetings from sunny (but only today) Germany.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  

Post # 10
Top Tue 17th Jun 2008 15:51
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Topics: 4 Replies: 18
Taekwon, I figure I can chime in hear, although a little premature. I am involved with a company that is undertaking a massive project where they will create a thorough technical website for the ITF. The Tul in video form -performed by Masters and supervised by President Choi- will comprise only a small portion. There will be a ton more including fundamentals, step sparring, drills etc.

Even the cover page is not quite fully functional (email sign up will be up in a few days) and the look still needs to be changed as this is the first draft only, have a look though at www.tkdsource.com.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid
Chris Reid
Post # 11
Top Tue 17th Jun 2008 19:12
Richard Hollenbach

USA-4-1084
View Profile
Topics: 2 Replies: 3
Mr Reid,

The new site looks impressive, if just the first page.  Can't wait to start checking it out when its available.  I'll keep checking back.

Taekwon,
-Rich-
Rich Hollenbach, II Dan
Mark Cashatt's TaeKwon-Do School
United TaeKwon-Do Federation (INO #142)
http://www.cashatttkd.com/index.html

Post # 12
Top Mon 23rd Jun 2008 16:20
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Glad you like it Mr. Hollenbach.

Just so you know, they are creating a free training tip section that should be up this week for people who register. This portion will be available while the site is in development. Keep in mind, registrants will be able to view them and people who want to offer a tip will be able to do so. No guarantees they will use it, but give it a go and have some fun while the Masters film the technical content of the site.

Chris Reid
Post # 13
Top Mon 23rd Jun 2008 17:45
Nick Malefyt

USA-6-1015
Great idea sir.

Nick Malefyt
Post # 14
Top Thu 26th Jun 2008 12:51
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Hi Mr Reid, how are things?
The new website is very exciting looking, I signed up yesterday. Will the site be available to all TKD practitioners or just members of our ITF?

Jon
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 15
Top Thu 26th Jun 2008 18:49
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Hi Mr. Mackey, as I understand it, the site will be open to anyone who wants to learn from it.
Glad you like it, there's going to be some really cool stuff!
Chris Reid
Post # 16
Top Fri 27th Jun 2008 12:23
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Thats fantastic, over the past 6 months or so the ITF has made some positve moves, some of the original masters have returned and new international groups joining. President Choi's ITF seems invigorating and dynamic, at our last IIC in Ireland he was in the best form and very energetic which is always a treat.
Mr Reid, hard to believe Bulgaria is a full year gone by already! Time flies when your having fun I guess!

TK!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 17
Top Wed 2nd Jul 2008 16:48
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
A year already! Truly amazing.

Master Choi seems to be gaining more and more strength. The seminar we did in Italy was awesome and you are one of many who have commented on the IIC in Ireland. I think the next year or two will be a period where the ITF makes leaps forward.

Nice to see all of the efforts of the past few years coming to fruition. The amazing thing is that Master Choi has had all of this planned every step of the way.
Chris Reid
Post # 18
Top Tue 24th Mar 2009 19:40
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Dear Sirs at the helm of ITF,

I do not mean to be impatient, but it has been over a year since the original request.

Is there any movement on producing and publishing the requested product either on this forum or that in www.tkdsource.com in our lifetime?

As an alternative to publishing the Tuls update here, perhaps ITF will E-mail them to its member organizations.

Again, having such a comprehensive list (current movements publication) would go a long way to standardizing Tul performance worldwide among its members and positively impact on judging competitors in tournaments. Put differently, such a list would markedly upgrade our organizational professionalism.

Thank you.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 18 of 18
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited