192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Taekwondo kicking its way on to the big screen!

12 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Sun 25th May 2008 15:31

Topics: 1 Replies: 6

Just found out about this film which starts screening in America this week, hopefully it will come over to England as it looks pretty entertaining.

Anyone who likes films like Dodge ball & Blades of Glory is going to like this!

Might not be to everyone in Taekwondo’s taste, but as they say no publicity is bad publicity  

http://www.thefootfistway.com/

Post # 2
Top Mon 26th May 2008 11:26
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Looks like a good comedy - My only concern is it may make Tae Kwon Do look stupid as the trailer seems to put the image out the all TKD coaches are 'BUT HEADS and have SELF IMPORTANCE' when in reality we live by a moral code - Well I suppose it will bring TKD to the forefront, I just hope it helps us not smashes it to the ground.

God knows the art already has enougth problems what with - Three ITF's now!Cry
Whats that saying 'Any Publicity is better then none at all' We will see -Approve

Why cant these film makes make a film on the life of General Choi or Grand Master Choi, they could put the shine on it and Tae Kwon Do would get true exposure JMHO Big smile

BTW: Blades of glory now thats a good film,,,,,,
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 3
Top Mon 26th May 2008 15:20
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Quote from Mr Snow - 26th May 2008 11:26 View
Looks like a good comedy - My only concern is it may make Tae Kwon Do look stupid as the trailer seems to put the image out the all TKD coaches are 'BUT HEADS and have SELF IMPORTANCE' when in reality we live by a moral code - Well I suppose it will bring TKD to the forefront, I just hope it helps us not smashes it to the ground.

God knows the art already has enougth problems what with - Three ITF's now!Cry
Whats that saying 'Any Publicity is better then none at all' We will see -Approve

Why cant these film makes make a film on the life of General Choi or Grand Master Choi, they could put the shine on it and Tae Kwon Do would get true exposure JMHO Big smile

BTW: Blades of glory now thats a good film,,,,,,

Seems to hit the nail on the head!!! LOL

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 4
Top Tue 27th May 2008 09:58
James Horobin

GBR-3-1026
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 6
Blades of Glory was a great film and did figure skating no harm. I would like to hope an art like Taekwondo is big enough to have people make fun and laugh along with them.

As Mr Snow said wouldnt it be good to see a Film about the Generals life I have read many stories about him and his struggles for his country and art it would surely make a great film. I watched a film recently called Fighter in the wind telling the life story of Grandmaster Oyama founder of Kyokushin Karate a brilliant film, as Grandmaster Oyama was from Korea it was a Korean film. Watching it I thought something simular should be done about General choi. And as Taekwondo has such a large world following surely if there was a market for Fighter in the wind there must be one for such a film one day.
Post # 5
Top Tue 27th May 2008 10:33
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Mr Horobin, where can Fighter in the wind be gotten? I'd love to see that. Mas Oyama was a great man.

Post # 6
Top Tue 27th May 2008 11:25
James Horobin

GBR-3-1026
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 6
I brought it from my local HMV in the world cinema section. Im sure it would be easily found on the net or ordered from a local HMV type store.

There are some good videos of Mas Oyama on youtube as well like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UakU5nVYf0c&feature=related

hope you find it its well worth a watch.
Post # 7
Top Tue 27th May 2008 13:04
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Thank you for that, I will have a look in HMV at the weekend Wink

Post # 8
Top Wed 28th May 2008 12:46
K_Murray
Topics: 0 Replies: 2
Good Afternoon!

I'm BACK :D For those that remember me ;)

Anywho, just checked the trailor out. It looks a bit cringe worthy to me... and one of those films that the bits you see in the trailor are perhaps the highlights and it doesnt get much better. Never the less, its Tae Kwon-Do's claim to fame (after the Tae Kwon-Do-Do Statement made in Ice Age :D)

Hope all my good old friends are well :D
x
Post # 9
Top Thu 29th May 2008 22:45
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
this isn' the first outing for a "Tae Kwon Do" film.

prior to this there was a film titled "Best Of The Best" in 1989.

the only thing is that the American Team were always referred to as the 'U.S. National Karate Team' even though it was a film about Tae Kwon Do and the Korean Team are in WTF doboks at the beginning but during the main event, they wear a fusion of ITF and WTF suits plus a fusion of sparring styles, even including take downs.
good film though, there were 4 in total.

i watched the trailer for this new one, i can't see the harm in it, and the second it started, the first thing was that its not targeted at any particular group or federation so no one can take offense to it.
its just comedy, for once, comedy that us Martial Artists can share in on the jokes!
this is the beginning of something special
Post # 10
Top Fri 30th May 2008 19:27
Michael Boik
Topics: 11 Replies: 35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlmIYHUxVA4&feature=related

Here's another funny one from REX KWON DO!!!
Taekwon!!

Mike

www.drysdaletkd.com

Post # 11
Top Sat 7th Jun 2008 00:01
M. Hildering

NED-4-1016
View Profile
Topics: 1 Replies: 20
Quote from Michael Boik - 30th May 2008 19:27 View
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlmIYHUxVA4&feature=related

Here's another funny one from REX KWON DO!!!

Hahaha this one is brilliant!

'Grab my arm. No the other arm. No my other arm.'
It reminds me of this sketch from Jim Carrey:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=3SqweDRtDvk&feature=related
Taekwon!
Post # 12
Top Tue 26th Aug 2008 16:38

Topics: 1 Replies: 6
Quick update just found out "The foot fist way" hits the UK cinemas  on the 23rd SeptemberCool

http://www.thefootfistwaymovie.co.uk
Post # 13
Top Tue 26th Aug 2008 21:13
sean mullin

GBR-4-1090
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 28
brilliant news, i have been looking for a dvd release date as i didn't think they would release it in u.k cinemas. i have quite a daft sense of humour anyway so i'm really looking forward to this.
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 13 of 13
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Ltd