192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Times between dans

23 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 21 to 24 of 24
< 1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
Post # 21
Top Thu 20th Mar 2008 14:04
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
No I forgot that - They do two rounds of that, The pads on pads off is because I personally think that pads on is about showing you can apply tecniques as well as absorbe the attackers shots where as pads off is about NO contact and showing off, Us brits call it poseing :-)

Tae Kwon
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 22
Top Thu 20th Mar 2008 18:15
user18082

USA-4-1030
Topics: 6 Replies: 18

Mr. Snow

I did not mean anything negative with my Masters testing my students comment, Just that I am fortunate. I also am not a certifide International Instructor so I can not test them yet. I have attended many IIC just none as a 4th Dan. So Someday I hope to be able to test them, but its is good to have a Master test them because they really step up there game.

Mr Munyon good to hear from you. see you in a few weeks. See I have not had the luxtury to be affilitate with as many organizations as you. Two year to test at every rank WOW. As I stated earlier we always had a time lines but very few actually tested at minimum time. Seems to be more and more prevelant now a days. If we look in the encyclopedia it tells us how many classes we should train in. Why do we hold our students to this standard, but put a different standard on ourselves, It a bit hipocritical if you ask me. I started in ITF and I plan on finishing In ITF. Although I like to go to seminar to learn more about other arts my roots are and always have been ITF. I have never seen anyone think they were better because they waited longer to test, maybe when we talk you could tell me more about this.

Let me ask these questions?

Is training by myself at home considered TKD training an counted as a class toward my next rank ?
Is going to the gym and working on my cardio or weight training considered TKD training and counted as a class toward my next rank?
Is training in other arts counted as my TKD training toward my next rank?

Respectfully

John Szostek
Post # 23
Top Thu 20th Mar 2008 19:17
Michael Munyon

USA-6-1018
View Profile
Topics: 20 Replies: 46
Good points. See you in PA.
Michael Munyon, VI Dan
US-ITF Armed Forces Director
Serving America, Armed Forces and the ITF
Post # 24
Top Thu 20th Mar 2008 20:28
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Mr Szostek,
Please dont think I was getting offended I was merely stating how we do things due to our situation and trying to explain why and yes i agree a Master will always make you work harder at achieving the next grade. All my levels have been under Masters and really hard to boot, I think testings are fairer these days as we look at everyone individually.

Respectfully yours

C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Jump to the top of the page Posts 21 to 24 of 24
< 1 2 > last
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Ltd