192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Umpire course

5 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 6 of 6
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Thu 10th Apr 2008 14:25
David Sims
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 14
Hi there,

Could someone tell me when the next Umpire course is? Do the BTC do one or would I have to go to an ITF one??

Tae Kwon!
Post # 2
Top Thu 10th Apr 2008 22:54
John Riordan

IRL-6-1008
Topics: 0 Replies: 8
Hi Mr Sims,
Master Gallaraga will be in Ireland in October to conduct the umpire course. Date is yet to be confirmed but keep checking www.iutf-tkd.com for details which will appear soon.
Post # 3
Top Thu 10th Apr 2008 23:44
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
Mr Sims, if your an ITF member, probably best to attend an ITF Umpires Course.
the last one in the UK last year Feb was very informative, it was a very detailed education. even though i have had tournament experience as a competitor and an assistant/umpire, there was a lot to take in and take on.

the BTC as such have never held an Umpires Course that i know of as the BTC is the Council for Taekwon-Do/Taekwondo/Tae Kwon Do in the UK. it consists of difference styles of TKD (ITF, WTF & independant). the only part the BTC plays is Instructor courses so UK instructors are legally registered and checked with the ability to instruct properly.
they don't get involved with the actual teachings, just the legal stuff, CRB checks, health and safety, first aid qualification... etc.

the ITF directly host Umpire Courses for the ITF, there is no rule to where you take it, recently other members and masters were given certification and permission to host Umpire Courses so there might be another nearer to you but as it stands, the one that Mr Riordan mentioned is probably the nearest one.
this is the beginning of something special
Post # 4
Top Fri 11th Apr 2008 01:48
Chris Galibert

AUS-6-1009
Topics: 1 Replies: 7
In Australia, our INO president, Master Muleta, has set up, in the last few years, a very good umpiring course system. Every official competition (States & Nationals) is ran over 2 days. Master Muleta runs an umpiring course on the Saturday (all theory) then the practical is conducted during the sunday's competition. I can attest that the umpiring standard has certainly risen, and a few of us don't have anymore to umpire all bouts. Funny that the only ones complaining now about poor umpiring are those that never bother to attend the courses....

We also hosted Master Gallaraga in June 2006. I recommand his course; very informative but still fun to attend.

Taekwon

Chris Galibert
Post # 5
Top Sun 13th Apr 2008 15:08
David Sims
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 14
Sirs,

Thank you for all the replies. I will attend the one in October. It is just that I remember the ITUK holding umpire courses although that was before we were part of the ITF.

Tae Kwon!
Post # 6
Top Sun 13th Apr 2008 18:31
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
Its a shame you missed the last one in Feb 07 as Master Harry was present for the course.
there might be another UK hosted one as there are members within the UK that can host ITF Umpire Courses.

Check with the ITUK to see if they know of any UK based seminars in regards to distance but then saying that, sometimes it can be worth the travel as you can learn new and/or different things from other National groups.
Taekwon
this is the beginning of something special
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 6 of 6
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited