192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Tae Kwon Do - Sientific or not!

3 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Wed 26th Mar 2008 10:39
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
I was asked a question which to be honest I had no answer for the student, He said Tae Kwon Do is oftern said to be sientific on web sites he visits, This I suppose he meant we use sine wave etc and theory of power as well as equalibrium in our art.

His question led to this question - Now that the general has passed is there anyone in any of the ITF's still sientifically researching the machanics of Tae Kwon Do, Also Who really has the right to make changes to the way tecniques that are executed as surely making changes to what the General laid down is changing his legacy and this intime will be the deviding factor between all the ITF's, So in short there will be three ITF ways whith many differences and which one you follow will be your choice entirely - But surely we should follow that of the one which has been laid down by the founder prior to his passing over.

What do you think - Its a valid question who is researching the art if any? Who has the right to make changes to it, if it detracts from the original tecniques taught by the late founder?

Personally I have seen G.M.Choi Jung Hwa and like his vision so we follow him.

Tae Kwon
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 2
Top Fri 28th Mar 2008 12:18
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Wow no reply, Erm worrying that is:-(
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 3
Top Fri 28th Mar 2008 12:44
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
Hi Chris,

We have a Scientific Research Committee, which are currently preparing an in depth report on the Tuls. They are charged with investigating / confirming any development within Taekwon-Do and will liaises with President Choi on there findings.

If you require further information on this committee you can email the chairman from here

On a personal note i feel that my Taekwon-Do is constantly evolving as i am always learning something new Smile

Mark Skyrme

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 4
Top Fri 28th Mar 2008 14:47
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Thats exactly the answer I wanted sir, We oftern have members ask questions and for me I want to know I can ask these to those much senior and those who can advise me further,

As to always learning Sir every class and course we learn somthing new I think,

Thanks for that reply I will pass on to the member in question.

Chris
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 4 of 4
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited