192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Yet another question

6 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Tue 15th Apr 2008 12:58
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164

Those of you that run clubs, Do youfeel the internet works ie club web site promotion or do you think it leads to less people attending classes when you advertise itQuestion

C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 2
Top Wed 16th Apr 2008 14:38
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Ermmmm, Seems no one else thinks promotion of clubs with web sites causes less attendance with regards to new recruits.... Must be the area I am am in. Cry
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 3
Top Sat 19th Apr 2008 15:54
Chris Peel

GBR-4-1042
Topics: 0 Replies: 16
I am not convinced having a web site will get you more students.  They are good for existing students to gain knowledge and for people to boost their own egos though.

To get students you need posters put loacally and leaflets distributed in the area.  Demonstrations at summer galas are also a good way to get noticed.
Post # 4
Top Sat 19th Apr 2008 21:52
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Quote from Chris Peel - 19th Apr 2008 15:54 View
I am not convinced having a web site will get you more students.  They are good for existing students to gain knowledge and for people to boost their own egos though.

To get students you need posters put loacally and leaflets distributed in the area.  Demonstrations at summer galas are also a good way to get noticed.

How dare you...... Me an ego never!!!!  Evil Smile  All jokes aside we see many come in only a few from the web, as you said good for existing members but new ones I think very rarely do they attend as too much info on them. We are knocking the publicising of ours in all local papers and gonna see what the difference is.

Your points are noted as we are always looking for ways to bring in the new ones..... Thanks
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 5
Top Sun 20th Apr 2008 12:28
Bob Borja

GER-6-1004
View Profile
Topics: 27 Replies: 123
Greetings from Germany,

Having a website is helpful. My group normally has a good-sized article with a photo published at least once a month in our local papers. Its distribution fully covers our entire region of Germany, and then some. Therefore, my group is well-know to at least those who read the sport section of our local paper and/or have seen our demonstrations. As often happens, when approached by someone at public places concerning Taekwon-Do training, I give them a business card with training times & location, telephone number, E-mail address and our group’s website address. The printed information makes information transfer very easy even when meeting other joggers around our area lakes. Having such information readily available additionally reflects foresight. The potential students and parents at their leisure can learn more about our group on the Internet.

As pictures say much more than words for the given space and do not need language translation, our website uses them much. The pictures are meant to excite prospective students and draw them to visit our training. For current students they provide an album which they, their friends, family and relatives routinely can visit. For example, we have a student with relatives in Jamaica who look to our website for pictures of him participating in his favourite pastime. Younger students give their best in training hoping to have their picture taken for our website. Our “album” is a source of pride.

Selective posting of contents negates substitution for in-class instruction.

Having a website advances one’s cause and can add to professional image. Having a Taekwon-Do website advertises Taekwon-Do. In some ways, having a website supports our ITF by showing actual presence worldwide. There are many martial arts organizations which choose to appear big by listing most all countries in the world, yet really seem much, much smaller if to be judged by the number of linked member websites.

As a tip to our members without a website, or are unhappy with their current host: try Googlepages. It is very simple to use. In just minutes, one can have his website up and running. And, the price is right!

As with any resource, a website can be used for a variety of purposes. Yes, ego can factor in. But a healthy ego is not such a bad thing.

The nice thing about egotists is that they don't talk about other people. Lucille S. Harpe.

Thanks for reading.

Vincit qui se vincit.                                                                  
                                             He conquers who conquers himself.                                                     

Post # 6
Top Mon 21st Apr 2008 17:14
Chris Peel

GBR-4-1042
Topics: 0 Replies: 16
I like your last comment, not sure it's true but did make me smile
Post # 7
Top Mon 21st Apr 2008 17:34
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
I have found my website helpful as I advertise through Google adwords. Its also helpful for parents to go through and see what type of training we do and events that their child can take part in and learn.
It's also vital that parents can view who will be teaching their child and any qualifications that are relevant.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 7 of 7
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation