192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

ITF Cuba

4 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Thu 19th Jun 2008 12:28
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168

The ITF are doing great work within the countries that the ITF in the past was slow to get involved with. The ITF Africa project as detailed on the home page is a true success thanks to all those who are innolved with it.

Now I see ITF Cuba has been initiated. I would like to ask the administration, what kind of set up have are new ITF brothers and sisters got in Cuba? Do they need assistance in the form of equipment, dobok donations or aid in any kind?
The reason I ask is that I have some friends here in Ireland who are Cuban but from the WTF back ground. They love their country and their art, I've been showing them the ITF way of late and they are impressed. So you can imagine they are interested in hearing the ITF are now organising in Cuba.
Maybe someone from admin can answer my query.
Taekwon!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 2
Top Thu 19th Jun 2008 13:56
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148

Mr Mackey,

Master Choi is working vigorously to promote ITF Taekwon-Do to previously untouched regions of the world. The work in Africa as mentioned is proving to be a huge success and we hope that Cuba finds our contribution as helpful.

These groups were once unaware of the ITF but through the dedication and hard work of our president and many senior grades such as Master Nicholls, Master Hogan (Afghanistan). Master Dalton, Mrs P Dalton (Africa) we have the opportunity to spread our Taekwon-Do further as our late founder would have wanted.

The ITF seeks No Financial contribution from such groups and offers our support in the form of certification and the technical expertise free of charge in many cases, in a bid to promote ITF Taekwon-Do. Contributions from the more affluent countries would be more than welcome and i am sure the ITF would like to invite such students to make contact directly with these groups to discuss the logistics.

Mark Skyrme

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Post # 3
Top Thu 19th Jun 2008 16:39
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Thank you Mr Skyrme, I will send them an email and see where it goes from there.

Appreciated
Jon

Post # 4
Top Thu 19th Jun 2008 19:21
Master Rai

CAN-8-1001
View Profile
Topics: 1 Replies: 31
Taekwon

I had the privilidge to be sent to Cuba by Pres. Choi two years ago with Mr. Tibollo to teach. It was an excellent experience. The students are very eager in learning Taekwon-Do. Just so you are aware Mr. Reina who is head of ITF-Cuba has always been with Pres. Choi. I took uniforms and equipment with me and the students that got them were so appreciative. We had a few training sessions and was very well recieved.

I have been in touch with Mr. Reina and it looks like I will be travelling again to Cuba to teach in Septemeber.

If anyone gets a chance to go please see our brothers and sisters. You will be surrounded by hospitality.

Yours in Taekwon-Do

Master Parm Rai
Master Parm Rai
Post # 5
Top Fri 20th Jun 2008 12:07
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Master Rai,
That is an amazing priviledge! You are truly blessed with an opportuntiy to go there again in September.
I emailed Mr Reina, and he responded straight back with some very encouraging words for the ITF. I think Cuba should be given the same focus as Africa, and through spreading friendship and ITF Taekwon-Do, the world even in the poorest of places can be a brighter place!

Taekwon!

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation