192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Should the ITF publish all content from its members?

Questions are being asked and the cedibility of ITF is being slautered....
17 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 18 of 18
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Fri 8th Aug 2008 19:05
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Topics: 58 Replies: 164
Now I have been to a few events this year and afterwards we always forward our articles and pictures to the ITF, but sadly only one article has been published..... why I dont know,

A few weeks back we entered the london ITF opens and once again sent a report - No reply and no entry to the web.... Cry but talking to some of the other 4, 5, 6, Dans at the Opens a few said who you with now ? I reply ITF C, there reply was OH that lot there dead in the water Angry 

So I go on the defence, why you say that? Evil Smile and they say you only have to take a look at there web and see nothing is going on..... So I see, What can I say to that? Angry

After I have looked at this situation, I think I realise why this is being said by these people and basically I believe It is because stuff is not being published by the ITF, Now I know the ITF Admin are working hard (And you do a good job) around the clock but in not publishing all articles from the membership, weather full or affiliated via another groups I personally think damage is being done.

The ITF is showcased by many of us at all our events, if all events and courses are being shown the outsiders of ITF C will see we are NOT DEAD IN THE WATER but the opposite,

Maybe I am being out spoken here but I thought the ITF wanted stuff sent in, to me it don't matter if you are running a Tae Kwon Do event and you are a member of the ITF it should be show cased here, as by not doing so leads to these other groups making false claims like the one made to me.

What do you think, I think I may get some stick for this but somtimes you have to speak out to get changes made, We are a big family and show casing everyones group will put two thingers up to those who doubt what we are doing and send a message of true democracy...

Tae Kwon.
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 2
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 03:57
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Topics: 4 Replies: 18
Mr. Snow, first I'll mention that the likelihood of people from the other groups saying anything good about us is very small. It does seem that they spend more time watching and critiquing us than we do on them.

That said, the ITF is about to take control of the internet and establish an online presence that the others will only aspire to.

Register at www.tkdsource.com to be kept up to date as the new site develops. We are bigger and stronger than most think.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid

Chris Reid
Post # 3
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 11:04
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Mr Read,

With respect and the fact that I am a web designer myself, I don't forsee the TKD SOURCE web making such an impact as you state but we will see, Websites do not mean we are strong only that you have a good pressence on the web and that you may haver a good designer we have over 1000 visits per week to our site but we are still 450 to 500 members,

The only way the ITF can be made strong is by ALL groups weather full members or affiliated sending there info into this site and all articles being covered so the others will see we are stronger then ever. In the UK alone I have spoken to many who feel the same way and this is not just from junior black belts as well. If it was a case of only outsiders saying these things I would ignore but when others are saying it in the same ITF this means the situation has to be addressed.

Surely you have the site in place - so show casing all the members means fairness to all.

Tae Kwon

BTW: I have already signed upSmile

C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 4
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 15:52
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Mr. Snow,

Again, I understand what you are saying. The tkdsource site will have a huge data base of tips, technical guides etc.

What I'm getting at is another component of the same site. It will be a networking site where members can post more than just their events. Pictures, Videos, blogs, quizzes, polls and more. You will also be able to create or join groups such as Virtual Dojangs, training with injuries, Beginners over 50 and tons more. ITF members, non ITF members, parents and whoever else wants to communicate will be in there.

I am not just talking about nice design. I am talking about a site where members can tell each other a little about themselves and share all of their thoughts and experiences in the media (text, pic video or all three) format they choose. Once the information begins to flow, i think we'll realize that there is just a ton of stuff happening. I wonder how many gradings are held in the ITF each month. Well, once students can put up their results themselves, I think we'll see that there are literally hundreds. Seminars, tournaments, Dojang picnics and whatever else people are doing in the spirit of Taekwon-Do.

Give us a few more days and you'll be able to see for yourself.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid
Chris Reid
Post # 5
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 16:07
Laurie Cornwell

GBR-5-1046
Topics: 1 Replies: 5
Mr Snow,

These 'Others' that you talk of obviously do not visit our website often as the home page clearly shows that articles have been submitted in recent months; June, July and August.

Furthermore, events such as London ITF Opens are not hosted by the ITF-C so therefore have no place on our website.

Laurie
Post # 6
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 16:13
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Great point Ms. Cornwell. This site is the Admin site for the ITF.

I would imagine that the reports would be restricted to ITF sanctioned events. Smaller events, or open events that are unsanctioned would not have a place here.

Do not confuse "unsanctioned" with prohibited. Our Federation does not try to control its members. We are allowed to go where we please. I know here in Canada the group affiliated with the Tran group is not allowed to go to any event outside of their Federation. Stop to think about that one for a minute. People who live in a free country actually allow themselves to be controlled in such a way. Amazing!

Taekwon,
Chris Reid
Chris Reid
Post # 7
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 16:16
Laurie Cornwell

GBR-5-1046
Mr Reid,

Thank you for your response and it was good to meet you at the weekend in Reno. I have a great photo of President Choi, Master Nicholls, Master Rai, and yourself. I'll send you a copy if you would like.

Laurie
Post # 8
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 18:40
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Ms. Cornwell.
Ok I see you point but the fact is three events (One a month) thats poor by any account, as already stated if reports give a good report on the group attending achievments then thats good for ITF C, Also stating that as it was a London Open (ITF V) still is not good reason for the report not appearing esp if the report is based on the group that attended thats the point being made here.

As stated if you are a member of ITF C all articles, events etc should be showcased... We sent in a report for the Midlands ITF event so why was that not published as that was Master Harrys tournament.

TKD Source sounds like the type of site needed - as stated if we are full or affiliated all articles should be concidered, that is my point nothing more then that.

Tae Kwon

C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 9
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 19:01
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Point well made Mr. Snow.

I could see the point justifies debate but I believe the decision made by the Administration is that the admin site would report and recognize it's own events. Another site that is ITF affiliated but not a representation of its administration would do it.

Glad to hear there is demand for what's coming! I think a good performance by our members is worth knowing about.

Ms. Cornwell, I'd love to see the photo.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid
Chris Reid
Post # 10
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 19:06
Laurie Cornwell

GBR-5-1046
Mr Snow,

Your report on the Midland Opens should have been published, granted. However, 3 events in as many months is not poor; quality as opposed to quantity is the key (maybe I'm just biased).

Taekwon

Laurie
Post # 11
Top Sat 9th Aug 2008 20:23
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Miss,
Quality is always top priority for us hence why we pay thousands a year for a professional photogrpher to take pictures of all events outside and our own (LTSI) we attend and I personally take about 4 hours to write the reports with my partner and others.

I would like to see all types of events covered - as stated I will fight my case with all these people that put ITF C down as I know the ITF C members and affiliates are doing loads in it, its just a thing of lack of publicity in my eyes that is making these people saty what they are saying.

Publicise all events and they will see ITF C means business,

Tae Kwon - thank you for your opinion.
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 12
Top Wed 13th Aug 2008 21:17
David Sims
View Profile
Topics: 3 Replies: 14
Wouldn't it but great if this website became the place for taekwondo, Tae Kwon-do, Independent, ITF, WTF - in fact everyone! Although no doubt it would not - mainly due to other groups having too much pride! Could anyone clarify what is being done to market this new site, maybe we should inform other practitioners! What a HUGE task! Don't think you could ever tell everyone lol! Sounds like a great site still though.

On another note I think that a really profesh site does wonders for your club. Exposure, people can have a look in the comfort of your own home. So many positives. Someone once said to me that any business not on the internet has flopped it!

Great topic..

Taekwon
Post # 13
Top Thu 14th Aug 2008 03:43
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
*Note: You will see me pop up a fair bit when the tkdsource site comes up. I have made commitments to the ITF as well as the internet company to coordinate the relationship between the two.

With regards to the openness. It is Master Choi that is making this site possible. There are some Chang Hun style practitioners who may not acknowledge his Executive Office, however no one can dispute his leadership of the Chang Hun style. It is my understanding that this site is going to be open to all who want to be there. In this day and age, it would be difficult to imagine a governing body of one of the sects forbidding its members use of a website.

The marketing will be handled by the internet company. As with any form of media, there are techniques that work and others that don't. The successful marketers are able to employ the ones that work. All of that is to say...the site WILL be marketed effectively and yes, marketed to everyone.

Thanks for the interest, feel free to ask questions.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid

Chris Reid
Post # 14
Top Thu 14th Aug 2008 10:46
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Mr Read Sir,
So I take it that we can all link upto the site via our websites, and that you are saying we can all send reports and photos in to the site.

Our group the LTSI invest heaverly into topics and reports as a group and at this time we are thinking we are wasting our time and money, if the TKD Source web is going to be set up the way you say I personally will pledge to send in all our reports and will send in all our events which to date have rarely been acknowledged.

Personally if you are an affiliate or full member of the ITF and you ware ITF Doboks and follow the teachings, in my opinion the ITF should support you hence this posting here.

Tae Kwon

An avid supporter in the new project that is coming soon! Wink
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Post # 15
Top Thu 14th Aug 2008 11:17
M. Hildering

NED-4-1016
View Profile
Topics: 1 Replies: 20
Wow.

I'm really excited about tkdsource! I can't even imagine how big it's going to be! Guess it'll be the first Taekwon-do community on the web where everyone is welcome to join?

Keep up the good work!
Taekwon!
Post # 16
Top Fri 15th Aug 2008 01:08
Michael Boik
Topics: 11 Replies: 35
First off, congratulations Mr. Reid on your promotion. second, I believe that the new site, once up and running will be a fantastic site for all members to post there events. I can understand why this site would not post an event from one of the other groups since they don't recognize us as legit. Master Choi is not treated with the respect he deserves. I look back at the issues of The Human Weapon and see the praise Master Choi was given by these same people who act like Master Choi doesn't exist anymore. Maybe as time goes by things will change.

Taekwon!!

Mike
Taekwon!!

Mike

www.drysdaletkd.com

Post # 17
Top Fri 15th Aug 2008 20:26
Chris Reid

CAN-7-1005
Glad to hear the excitement, although as an ITF member, I knew the site would be well received.

I appreciate the pledge Mr. Snow. You will be able to upload pics, videos, blogs and whatever other methods you'd like to use for your reports. I do want to make it clear though that this site is an effort of the ITF to ensure the needs of its members are met. We are not replacing or doing some sort of "new and improved" admin site. This is the admin site and the Virtual Community along with the Instructional/technical section on the tkdsource site will be another service provided by the ITF. Provided by the ITF for the use of all practitioners of the Chang Hun system.

BTW Mr. Snow, your site looks great, I think your investments have been worth it.

Mr. Hildering, yes this will be the first community of its kind. I have been testing it out with about 15 of my students and we are having fun. Just a few little issues and then people who have registered with the tkdsource.com site will be invited to test the site on a larger scale before full release.

Mr. Boik, thank-you for the congratulations. Deep down it still bothers me that Master Choi does not receive his just due. That said, I have grown to realize that there is no point being upset for someone who is not bothered. Master Choi once said that he is glad things are as they are. Many of the people who once supported him in the Human Weapon and now act as if he doesn't exist would have been in a position to work closely with him. Their departure saw the current leaders step up. People like Master Nicholls, Master Galarraga, Master Wheatley, Master Dalton, Master Rai and more. People with pure intentions. Things are as they are for a reason.

Now....we will invite them all back to the root, and no one will be able to stop it.

Taekwon,
Chris Reid

Chris Reid
Post # 18
Top Fri 15th Aug 2008 23:53
Mr Snow

GBR-5-1019
View Profile
Mr Reid, Thanks for your kind words sir on our site, I am no where as experianced as you in web design, I have been using Front Page 10 years but now experession web, I am currently doing a collage course on Adobe Flash and Dream Weaver CS3/4 which will certify me properly by adobe, I need to sort our site out as files everywhere but such a big task it will take me ages to sort out. Web design I only wish I had taken the proper rout a few years back.

I know the new site will not replace the admin but for us it will help us develop as it should be a good place to place our content on, we are affiliates so every extra lead of exposure will be good for us plus the added bonus of our Masters Guiding us over the net - how cool is that.

Well done on your promotion Sir.

Tae Kwon!
Back to my course work, oh the joys of study :-)
C.R.SNOW 5TH DEGREE
WWW.UK-LTSI.COM
Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 18 of 18
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited