192 High Street (1st Floor)
West Drayton, Middlesex
United Kingdom UB7 7BE
Founder President  General Choi Hong Hi (1918-2002)
 Grand Master Choi Jung Hwa

ITF Forum > General Forum > General Discussion

back to forum | Help | Search

Master Maidana seminars

4 Replies
Jump to the bottom of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
Original Message Post # 1
Tue 4th Mar 2008 11:39
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
I had the great pleasure of training with Argentina's Master Jose Maidana at the weekend.
This is the second time I've trained under him, the last time I thought I learned so much until, this time when I learned even more. The immense knowledge Master Maidana holds regarding Taekwon-Do is truly amazing, both in patterns and sparring. Out side of the dojang he is a very humble and fun man to be around. We were really spoilt this weekend with his presence here in Dublin!
I believe he will be in England this week conducting seminars for groups there, I hope you get the chance to train with this amazing Taekwon-Doists.
I'm sure there will be a full report up loaded soon to the ITF news section.

All the best
Jon
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 2
Top Wed 5th Mar 2008 20:35
Master Gee

NGR-7-1000
View Profile
Topics: 0 Replies: 6
Hi Jon,

When and where will Master Maidana be in the UK in March?

Cheers

George Ashiru
Africa ITF

Master George H. Ashiru                                                                                                                               Chairman, ITF Africa Expansion Committee                                                                                           President, ITF Nigeria

Post # 3
Top Wed 5th Mar 2008 22:27
Jon_Mackey

IRL-4-1033
View Profile
Topics: 34 Replies: 168
Hello sir,
I think he is there this week actually, as far as I know Imperial TKD are hosting him in London and then he's off to Spain the next week

Hope all is well!
Jon
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - Oscar Wilde

Post # 4
Top Thu 6th Mar 2008 10:20
Joel Ashley Wilson

GBR-3-2016
View Profile
Topics: 6 Replies: 25
hello Master Gee,
Mr J. Mackey was indeed correct as Imperial Taekwon-Do Association hosted Master Maidana last night with other Guests including Master Hogan, Mr Dalton, Mr Walsh, Mr Deedigan, Ms Burridge & Mr Buxton.
Master Nicholls and other Imperial seniors were present training and helping students understand the training drills as the movements confused some people.
a very good class with an insight to some of Argentina's coaching tips.
taekwon
Joel
this is the beginning of something special
Post # 5
Top Fri 7th Mar 2008 14:38
Mark Skyrme

GBR-7-1014
View Profile
Topics: 41 Replies: 148
Master Maidana's relaxed approach makes the techniques look simple and easy to perform,Wacko with his constant smile the two and a half hours passed in a flash. I would like to thank Master Maidana for his time and the insight he has shown us into the Argentinean training regime.

I have submitted an article here if anyones interested, additional pictures can be found on the Imperial Website (www.tkd.co.uk) in the Gallery section.

Mark Skyrme

facile est inventis addere.
it is easy to add to things already invented.
www.tkd.co.uk

Jump to the top of the page Posts 1 to 5 of 5
 Start a new topic
© International Taekwon-Do Federation Limited